Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Tuesday

A good day today, I did some work on my elusive strategy this morning and had a few conversations with Docucorp people but the meeting in the afternoon with the ASP Architect, their Senior Vice President for ASPs, the Senior Vice President for EMEA and a few others was very productive.

I went through our design, as detailed in the response and walked through the logical and physical architecture. The design has been approved as coherant and workable and they agreed that it may be a better idea to put the staging area of Filenet - if this is one of the questions the DWP may ask.

It also seems that the beta products coming out may make things easier and certainly handle JMS which was a hole in the old version. I've also checked out the volume and multi-threading possibilities.

I highlighted the holes in the product and suggested that a) they must commit in our next response to dates aligned with a product roadmap, b) i've also suggested that they work very closely with us, taking on most of the responsibility for things like the GUI we are looking to build as they could then use this in their core product and its something their alliance with Virtusa are looking at anyway.

The SVP's were excited by it, though that we had good ideas and want to make this work. I feel confident about their committment, just need to tie them down.

As for Entertainment, it was the 'Ranch Visit' in the evening which was ok. Good food, free b eer, armadillo racing (which I won) - don't ask! A live band and overall a good evening but we got back pretty early (midnight) and the hotel wouldn't open the bar so an earlish night it was

Anyway, customer presentation tomorrow - more networking and I'm gonna visit the Sixth Floor Museum (JFK memorial) in the evening. night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home